Wednesday, February 3, 2010

What Darwin left out

I have never been an evolutionary theorist
But a revolutionary nearness…
brought me to the real theory of evolution
The poet’s solution
Solely intruding to be a part of its documentation
A revelation
As I evolve towards patience and away from stillness…
although the two often are mistaken as kin.
Again I begin…
As I unfold my promises to understand the origins
Dusty from negligence
Rusty from regret
Lucky to be led…
Through this thriving matrix
Intoxicated in its mystery
I strive to witness my soul but I can’t picture me
Only some angles have been revealed
Shadows make the rest unreal
I have been evolving for years.
Just like dreams at the tip of my pen
That refuse to cry when I’ve neglected them
Because they are stronger than the failure that has tested them
I want to feed off their strength and meet with them in secret
Somewhere close to my heart, yet slightly beneath it
So we can look up at the bloody mystery it is and seek it
Within an internal cavity…
We will discuss love and possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment